Thursday, March 5, 2015

Top 10 Take Aways From ED521

My Top Ten List from ED521 is as follows:
  1. Diigo, really like this organize by tags with this website. And the diigolet add on is great, I like it so much more than bookmarking pages.
  2. Twitter, who knew it could be used in education?! I didn't...
  3. Skitch, I was using PowerPoint previously to do this, but this works much better!
  4. Google forms, I knew you could make these but hadn't yet. In just the past few weeks I have made 3 forms and plan to make many more because they are easy, the survey participants feel they are user friendly, and Google organizes the information effectively.
  5. Wikipedia and now knowing that it can be a creditable source.
  6. Blogger, I have always wanted to start a blog, but just haven't done it and Blogger was really easy to use and I plan be blogging more now!
  7. Today's Meet, when presenting for Professional Development sessions or even when instructing students, a back channel can be very useful to kind of hear inside thoughts and questions of your audience.
  8.  Google sites, I like you do not have to pay for a domain site or hosting. I wish it was more user friendly for a beginner. 
  9. Mystery Skype, I plan to look into this further and try it with my 7th grade keyboarding class. Looks really cool!
  10. Symbaloo, I like organize by picture especially for younger students. Great to use as a homepage on the internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment